- Turkey, Istanbul
Owais Al-Qarnis Foundation
- A participatory initiative for every Yemeni and lover of Yemen for establishing the largest qualitative waqf in the history of Yemen with the contribution of all of us and its proceeds are used for achieving the programs of the paths of the civilizational advancement in Yemen.
- The Waqf was founded in Istanbul, Turkey, and it was licensed by virtue of a court order on March 27, 2017 according to the Turkish Waqf Law which is one of the world’s best laws of Waqf for ensuring the sustainability of this waqf and the development of its resources because it provides the opportunity to invest funds of waqf and develop its assets in various fields of investment.
- The institutional building of the Waqf, its regulations, rules and plans were achieved and the promotion and introduction to the initiative were started in 2018.
- The actual marketing and declaration of the initiative started in the beginning of 2019 according to a five-year strategic plan ending in 2023.
- Establishing the Waqf with the contribution of all Yemenis and Yemen lovers around the world and developing its resources as financial Waqf institution.
- Strengthening the national spirit among Yemenis as partners in creating the largest Waqf in the history of Yemen with their contributions.
- Consolidating the inclusive national identity and achieving the sustainable development and the civilizational advancement in Yemen.
- Providing an opportunity for those who do not have a waqf to do this for themselves, their parents or their beloved ones.
– Openness to all Yemenis, receiving their contributions, ideas and funds, so that each Yemeni, and Yemen lovers can contribute in the development of the foundation, with a share in the foundation, or more than one share, gifted for his parents or the people he loves.
– The shareholder is a partner in the Waqf (Foundation) for developing Yemen. He is entitled to obtain a trust contribution document and periodic reports. In addition, he has the right to express opinions and proposals for the development of the Waqf (Foundation).
– The Waqf (Foundation) is an endowment financial institution that invests funds and assets in open investment portfolios in accordance with economic feasibility studies for various investment projects with high profitability under the supervision of the Investment Committee of the Foundation, which is composed of businessmen, elites and reliable economists.
– To maintain the sustainability of the Foundation and its development in accordance with the Turkish Trust Law by spending (70%) of the Trust revenues on programs that achieve its objectives, and (30%) for increasing the capital of the foundation to keep it from depreciation and ensure its sustainability.
– Building effective partnerships with all concerned institutions and structures involved to contribute to the development of the Foundation work, funding its projects, development programs and cooperation to implement them
Statement of Head of Waqf
All of us know that Yemen and Yemenis are always appreciated and loved by people all over the world. Actually, Yemenis are considered the origin of Arabs and they are very kind and good people and their country has an important geographic location in the southwest of the Arabian Peninsula. It overlooks Bab Al-Mandab Strait and this is considered an important strategic location for all the countries. In addition, Yemen has several natural resources and its climate is varied.
The Yemeni people are considered the most important wealth and active factor in the process of development. This is due to their characteristics such as tolerance, patience and adaptation to the difficult conditions of life. The consecutive emigrations of Yemenis throughout history have made all the peoples of the world realize their hospitality, coexistence, tolerance, ability to integrate into and participate in the host country, in addition to their discipline and respect of the laws of the countries to which they emigrate.
The Yemeni funds are considered a great wealth in these countries and Yemenis have become major investors in the countries of Arab Gulf, East Africa, Southeast Asia, America and Europe. In addition, some Yemenis have become decision makers in these countries.
There is no doubt that the heritage, civilization and history of Yemen are a great motivation for its people to achieve the comprehensive development, prosperity, stability and unlimited advancement. Therefore, we have decided to provide this initiative in these difficult circumstances. Surely, the hope can arise from the heart of pain and the sun always shines after the darkness of night.
Therefore, we have provided this participatory initiative and the ambitious idea of establishing Owais Al-Qarni Waqf Turk for Yemen Al-Saeed.
Dear Yemenis, the future of our country will be promising, God willing. Really, the Yemenis all over the world are able to achieve great successes. They include scientists, inventors and distinguished persons in the fields of science, art, sports and creativity. We seek to make them be the main supporters of the vision and goals of the Waqf to build the new Yemen, reformulate the unified national identity, spread the culture of peace, coexistence and solidarity and reject all forms of division, dispute and discrimination in order to be like #one_body.
Let’s read the past deeply and analyze the reality accurately, look forward to future with optimism and hope, get rid of despair, make use of opportunities and stay away from risks. We should also provide a comprehensive vision for developing Yemen, building the capabilities of its citizens, qualifying its cadres, developing its public and private institutions and benefiting from the successful experiences around the world
I want to invite all Yemenis and lovers of Yemen to support this initiative and cooperate to build Owais Al-Qarni Waqf in order to be a practical, qualitative and participatory starting point for building Yemen Al-Saeed, with God’s help.
Mr. Salah Bates
Head of Owais Al-Qarni Waqf