Owais Al-Qarni Waqf
Owais Al-Qarni Waqf
A governed endowment institution to create the largest qualitative participatory endowment in the history of Yemen.
The endowment was established in Istanbul, Turkey, and a license was granted to it by court ruling on March 27, 2017, according to the Turkish Endowment Law, which is one of the strongest endowment laws in the world.
License number: 6222
Court decision number: 2016/223-2016/501
Tax number: 9250524198
Our strategic objectives
– Openness to all Yemenis, receiving their contributions, ideas and funds, so that each Yemeni, and Yemen lovers can contribute in the development of the foundation, with a share in the foundation, or more than one share, gifted for his parents or the people he loves.
– The shareholder is a partner in the Waqf (Foundation) for developing Yemen. He is entitled to obtain a trust contribution document and periodic reports. In addition, he has the right to express opinions and proposals for the development of the Waqf (Foundation).
– The Waqf (Foundation) is an endowment financial institution that invests funds and assets in open investment portfolios in accordance with economic feasibility studies for various investment projects with high profitability under the supervision of the Investment Committee of the Foundation, which is composed of businessmen, elites and reliable economists.
– To maintain the sustainability of the Foundation and its development in accordance with the Turkish Trust Law by spending (70%) of the Trust revenues on programs that achieve its objectives, and (30%) for increasing the capital of the foundation to keep it from depreciation and ensure its sustainability.
– Building effective partnerships with all concerned institutions and structures involved to contribute to the development of the Foundation work, funding its projects, development programs and cooperation to implement them
Mr. Salah Bates
All of us know that Yemen and Yemenis are always appreciated and loved by people all over the world. Actually, Yemenis are considered the origin of Arabs and they are very kind and good people and their country has an important geographic location in the southwest of the Arabian Peninsula. It overlooks Bab Al-Mandab Strait and this is considered an important strategic location for all the countries. In addition, Yemen has several natural resources and its climate is varied.
The Yemeni people are considered the most important wealth and active factor in the process of development. This is due to their characteristics such as tolerance, patience and adaptation to the difficult conditions of life. The consecutive emigrations of Yemenis throughout history have made all the peoples of the world realize their hospitality, coexistence, tolerance, ability to integrate into and participate in the host country, in addition to their discipline and respect of the laws of the countries to which they emigrate.
The Yemeni funds are considered a great wealth in these countries and Yemenis have become major investors in the countries of Arab Gulf, East Africa, Southeast Asia, America and Europe. In addition, some Yemenis have become decision makers in these countries.
There is no doubt that the heritage, civilization and history of Yemen are a great motivation for its people to achieve the comprehensive development, prosperity, stability and unlimited advancement. Therefore, we have decided to provide this initiative in these difficult circumstances. Surely, the hope can arise from the heart of pain and the sun always shines after the darkness of night.
Therefore, we have provided this participatory initiative and the ambitious idea of establishing Owais Al-Qarni Waqf Turk for Yemen Al-Saeed.
Dear Yemenis, the future of our country will be promising, God willing. Really, the Yemenis all over the world are able to achieve great successes. They include scientists, inventors and distinguished persons in the fields of science, art, sports and creativity. We seek to make them be the main supporters of the vision and goals of the Waqf to build the new Yemen, reformulate the unified national identity, spread the culture of peace, coexistence and solidarity and reject all forms of division, dispute and discrimination in order to be like #one_body.
Let’s read the past deeply and analyze the reality accurately, look forward to future with optimism and hope, get rid of despair, make use of opportunities and stay away from risks. We should also provide a comprehensive vision for developing Yemen, building the capabilities of its citizens, qualifying its cadres, developing its public and private institutions and benefiting from the successful experiences around the world
I want to invite all Yemenis and lovers of Yemen to support this initiative and cooperate to build Owais Al-Qarni Waqf in order to be a practical, qualitative and participatory starting point for building Yemen Al-Saeed, with God’s help.
Mr. Salah Bates
Head of Owais Al-Qarni Waqf
The endowment adopts a clear methodology of work based on the best values, practices, and rules of institutional work and governance in the field of endowment work, based on three stages:
This stage is based on establishing the endowment with the contribution of all Yemenis and those who love Yemen around the world with endowment shares and assets and strengthening their national spirit as partners in creating the largest endowment in the history of Yemen through
In conjunction with the first phase (creating the endowment), these funds are invested under the supervision of a group of Yemeni businessmen and lovers of Yemen who have experience in various fields of investment.
- المحافظة على أصول وموارد الوقف وتنميتها على المدى الطويل من خلال الاستثمار في أصول متعددة
- اتباع سياسات استثمارية متوازنة تغطي أصولاً ومشاريع استثمارية متنوعة طويلة وقصيرة الأجل.
- حماية الأصول الموقوفة من خلال تنويع محافظ الاستثمار في فئات أصول متنوعة
- التركيز على الاستثمارات قليلة المخاطر ذات عوائد مالية مجزية
يتبع الوقف في مرحلة التثمير قواعد العمل الاستثماري بحيث يضمن مضاعفة الأسهم الوقفية واستدامتها وزيادة عوائدها
This phase is supervised by a team of experts who are empowered in their scientific fields and specializes in achieving the goals of the endowment by establishing specialized institutions and partnership with relevant organizations and authorities and setting appropriate standards and programs to consolidate the unifying national identity and achieve the civilizational advancement of Yemen through four basic tracks on which the endowment’s revenues are spent and have been extracted from Studying and analyzing the experiences of different countries that went through conflicts and social disintegration, which soon ended, reached stability, and embarked on the journey of renaissance. These four paths are:
أولاً: الاهتمام بالموهوبين والمتميزين، وإعدادهم قادةً للمستقبل.
ثانياً: تطوير القيادات الإدارية والمجتمَعِية، ورفع قدراتهم المهنية والمهارية.
ثالثاً: تطوير أداء المؤسسات الحكومية والأهلية من خلال:
- تعزيز أركان العمل المؤسسي.
- تعزيز مبادئ الجودة والحوكمة.
- بناء الشراكات والتوأمة المؤسسية.
رابعاً: الاهتمام بالوعي المجتمعي وإعادة صياغة الرأي العام بما يُعزز الهُوية الوطنية الجامعة ونشر ثقافة التعايش واحترام التنوع، وتحقيق السلام الدائم، ونبذ كل أنواع العصبيات وعوامل التفرقة المجتمعية